Nidhi's Blog

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

First things First:

After my historic game the consensus among friends was anonymous that I should go to the driving range and work on my swing with a Pro! I had already realized that I needed to work on my fitness to be able to walk at least 3 hours at a stretch without panting. As I love walking it presented no problems. Going to the driving range was another matter! There was this ego which prevented me from seeking a Pro. I reasoned that once I improved my fitness other things would follow.

Frankly it is not just about a Pro. It is a combination of your Purva Karma, namely the nature you are born with and your present Karma, the habits you accumulate by playing other games. It is complicated to overcome your karma to play good golf and tough to accomplish it in one Janma or life! It may be better to pray, if you have been pious and righteous, to be reborn in your next Janma as a golfer and start playing as soon as you learn to walk.

Anyway it is more sensible to go to the driving range and to the Pro. Being obstinate thanks to my advancing age, I looked at other options. I reasoned that humans being close relatives genetically to chimps are natural imitators. I looked around and saw a slim and reasonably tall Japanese girl had a vacant spot next to her. As I was taller than her and was slim when I was thirty I thought it was the right model to imitate and learn. She was dressed fashionably in the latest golf clothes and as all of them do, wore gloves on both her hands. Women generally are very sincere and go through all the practice routines the coaches teach them. While I could not do all of them I did try my best. I was of course being very discreet in my copying. I am sure no invigilator would have caught me! Finally, she took a languid swing and hit the ball and it soared to more than hundred yards. I followed taking an equally languid swing, but the ball went right and spluttered to about fifty yards. I am sure she did not know how I fared as she was really focused in her own practice! Anyway I stopped for a while as I did not relish looking like a chump instead of a champ. I learnt also that being a chimp is not my way and that I had to find other solutions to my swing problems.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home